- How to Desposit Funds
Depositing Funds is Easy
Set up direct deposit with your employer and avoid paying check cashing fees. Once you have enrolled in direct deposit, your employer will electronically deposit your paycheck into your Second Chance Checking Account for you. This allows you to withdraw your money at any ATM, or write checks for your payments and purchases. This process also allows you to access your paycheck whenever you need it and avoid hunting for a check cashing vendor. If you choose not to enroll in direct deposit, you can simply mail or transfer funds to your second chance bank account anytime and utilize your MasterCard debit card, checkbook, or EZ Bill Pay.
Direct Deposit to your new Peoples Second Chance Checking Account. This is the quickest, cheapest and safest way to fund your checking account! Here's How:
- Employees: You will need to contact your employer's Human Resources or Payroll Department and provide them with your new bank account number and routing number. Your employer usually has special forms that you need to fill out before they can begin your direct deposit.
- Government benefit recipients: (Social Security, SSI, Other): Please contact Social Security @ 1-800-772-1213 and provide them with your bank account number and routing number.
- Child support: You must contact the Office of the Attorney General or another acting agency and give them your bank account number and routing number. You may be required to fill out a special form before they can begin your direct deposit.
- Tax returns: Just provide your tax preparer with your bank account number and routing number.
- Any other sources of income or deposits: Provide the source of income with your bank account number and routing number.
Benefits of Direct Deposit:
- You can reduce your check cashing fees
- No more waiting for a paper check to arrive in the mail
- Avoid rushing to a check casher and waiting in line to cash your check
- Funds are deposited on your normal scheduled pay day.
- Funds are FDIC insured and protected by MasterCard Zero Liability
Please contact your card issuer to initiate a cash advance to Peoples Bank. The card issuer phone number is usually located on the back of your card. For further assistance you can also contact Peoples Bank customer service toll free at 1-800-454-5688 or 1-903-783-3800. Please note that various types of advances, wire transfers, and electronic transactions may have limitations according to your initiating service provider or Peoples Bank.
For deposits by Check: Please provide depositing instructions. Please be sure to endorse the back of the check "For Deposit Only" when sending through the mail. Deposits of checks are subject to our availability schedule (see "Your Ability to Withdraw Funds" in the account disclosure). Please mail all deposits to Peoples Bank, PO Box 1750, Paris, Texas 75461.
For deposits by Money Order: Please visit any retail location advertising money orders or that can initiate a money order. Complete the portion(s) of the money order by making the payment to yourself (All money orders MUST be made payable to you.), providing your address, bank account number, and signature on the front and endorsement on the back “for deposit only”. If you are using a money order for your first initial deposit, please complete the money order as mentioned above, but use your name in place of the account number. Be sure to tear off the indicated portion for your receipt. Then mail it in along with your deposit instructions to: Peoples Bank, PO BOX 1750, Paris Texas, 75461.
If you currently have other bank accounts, just visit your bank, credit union, or financial institution to complete the wire transfer. To conduct wire transfers over the phone, please complete and sign the wire transfer form and mail the original to Peoples Bank, PO Box 1750, Paris, Texas 75461. The money will usually be deposited the same business day the wire is received. The financial institution initiating the wire transfer may charge you a fee.